- VAL DE VIE The prestigious Val de Vie Polo Estate & Wine Farm near Paarl had produced one magazine, but it was too much like an elaborate brochure. LUXE MEDIA won the business and were tasked to produce a "real magazine" that is upmarket, classy and elegant. We changed the logo, the cover treatment, content and most importantly, the strategy. Instead of producing a brochure for Val de Vie, we produced a real magazine for the entire Paarl-Franschhoek Valley with more subtle VDV branding. The result is a great magazine that people want to pick up and read that is produced by Val de Vie Polo & Wine estate. We incoporated more lifestyle and a more relevant features base. We also upped the circulation and are upping the frequency.
- V&A WATERFRONTCape Town’s V&A Waterfront, the largest shopping centre in Africa, wanted a quarterly customer magazine. The brief stressed that they wanted a modern MAGAZINE and not a BROCHURE and we conceptualised “W”, a high-quality square magazine with all the elements of an up-market glossy, including features and high-fashion, providing a showcase for the retail environment. “W” won a Pica award in its first year for “Best Customer Retail Magazine”.
- MORTGAGE SA (Now Ooba)To get closer to Estate Agents, because estate agents are the people who refer them business, Mortgage SA wanted a glossy magazine to mail out to 20,000 “friendly” estate agents. Contents included, trends, advice on selling, marketing case studies, best practices and features on money, property personalities and gurus. We called the magazine SOLD! with the tag line “Practical Property Intelligence”. It flew and the feedback from Estate Agents was outstanding.
- NEDERBURG FASHION WEEKThe forerunner to Cape Town Fashion Week needed a stunning, high-class “Magalogue” (half magazine, half catalogue) for 10,000 fashionistas, to be placed on every seat at the shows, posted to a select fashion hit list and slotted in First Class SAA seat-pockets. The Magalogue focused on the designers and was beautifully shot and produced on a tiny budget. Gossip columnist Gwen Gill thought the Magazine so good she praised it highly in her Sunday Times gossip column.
- ELLERINES IN-HOUSE CLUBEllerines, South Africa’s mass furnishing retail group, already had a custom magazine but wanted to freshen it up as it had become tired and stale. This is a 400,000 print order magazine that services 9 separate household brands, each needing a different cover- Beares, Furn City, Savells, Town Talk, Lubners, Furniture City, Geen & Richards…
- TOMMY HILFIGERWhen Tommy Hilfiger launched in SA they wanted an upmarket “Look Book” to showcase their entire range for buyers, the Media, fashion Editors etc. The challenge was to show a very wide range of clothes, and colour combinations, without detracting from Tommy Hilfiger’s style and quality.
- ARABELLA SHERATON GROUPTo celebrate the opening of the new Arabella Sheraton Hotel, combined with Nelson Mandela’s 44464 AIDS concert (all the celebrities including Beyonce stayed at the AS) we were asked to put together “something special”. The result was a 96-page magalogue – Reflections - in a foiled case-cover to use as a celebration, a souvenir, and as a marketing tool for Arabella Sheraton, placed in all their rooms and sent to a hit list of 15,000 existing and potential customers.